HOW DO WE MANAGE TO HAVE SEX IN CARAVAN WITH 3 YOUNG KIDS IN TOW??
We are sometimes asked how we manage to ‘be intimate’ in a caravan with 3 kids! So, just how do travelling parents manage to have sex with kids in tow. There is a level of complexity being in a confined space that isn’t appreciated by your average parent. What if they wake? What if they see us? But, we manage!! Our sex life has improved significantly since being on the road, we’re less stressed, less tired and have more time to work on our relationship.
You really do just have to deal with having the kids nearby, unfortunately our 3 are too young to be sent to get an ice cream, or leave alone in a playground while we have a sneaky quicky….
Here are some tips on managing sex in your caravan with kids on board.
- Our number 1 secret is to BE QUIET….if you can.
- Make sure your stabiliser legs are down. ‘If the van’s a rocking, don’t come knocking’… Plus your neighbours will know what you’ve been up to when you greet them the next morning.
- Enforce an early bedtime. Being on the road full time means that we are not in holiday mode, its a lifestyle and our kids routinely hit the sack at 7pm. Which means we’re able to have sex, knowing the kids are soundly sleeping.
- Make sure you have some sort of privacy, you don’t want the kids catching you in the act doing “yoga” under the blankets. We have a concertina door that pulls across tosegregate the kids bunks from the rest of the van (hot tip!).
- Go stealth! When your kids are fully distracted, its time for some ‘mummy and daddy time’. It can be a pretty romantic scene while you listen to Peppa Pig, and have sex, but once you get over this, your sex life on the road will be just fine!