FIVE OF OUR FAVOURITE QLD DESTINATIONS!!
There has been so many amazing places that we have visited on our travels so far. Its hard to pick favourites... But here are 5 Locations in QLD that we have LOVED!!
1. AGNES WATER, QLD - This little town was early on our travels and it still holds a place in our favourite destinations so far. The caravan park is called Agnes Water Beach Holidays and is right on the surf beach and only a short stroll to the shops. The place has a great vibe and some real atmosphere. We stayed for 4 nights and we left saying that it was definitely somewhere we could see ourselves living.
2. AIRLIE BEACH, QLD - What an unreal place for a family holiday. We stayed at one of the many parks in town BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort . This park was amazing and had so much to do for the kids. There are heaps of day trips to do around the area and if your keen to get out on the water the whitsunday islands are right at your doorstep. If you LOVE great coffee like we do, get down to the marina and check out Bohemian Raw .
3. ROLLINGSTONE, QLD - About an hour north of Townsville is BIG4 Rollingstone Beach Front Resort. Its a massive caravan park with grassy sites perched right on the beach front. It has one of the best pools we have seen on our trip and was a great place to stay and explore. Not far up the road is Crystal Creek, an amazing swimming hole and rock pool with waterfalls. We spent hours and hours here one day just swimming and enjoying how amazing it was. If you end up here, ask the manager for the locals swimming hole location..
4. CAIRNS, QLD - This place is just something you need to see. Heaps of tours to the Great Barrier Reef and islands are available. The foreshore near the CBD is awesome and generally where you will find every backpacker in North Queensland. Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort was where we based ourself for a week to explore. The Sky rail and Kuranda scenic rail trip was a highlight for us. It was a great day out for the family and exploring the beautiful town of Kuranda was great.
5. PALM COVE, QLD - A really special part of Australia. We found ourselves wanting a baby sitter while we here. The spectacular beach is lined with hotels, cafes, restaurants and bars. The atmosphere here is one of real relaxation and is quite infectious. The caravan park is at the end of the road, right across from a huge Jetty that is also great fishing. Its only a small park though, so would be a good idea to ring ahead.
We have loved travelling in our van for the last 10 months. The places we have been are amazing and no doubt there is many more that we have missed along the way. We hope this helps in some way while your researching your own travels.
Safe Travels. Justin and Bec from Trip In A Van